Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A complete do over and a meaningful dream

The past couple of months have been a bit tough around here. Nothing incredibly serious but just a lot of little stuff. We've had some financial stretching as Shannon's paychecks have changed from weekly to every other week. That has made us one week's worth of pay behind. Shannon had surgery numbers 4 and 5 for a polinidal cyst he's been struggling with for several years. It is looking like neither was successful...again. I fell on the steps outside our front door and broke my tailbone then less than two weeks later fell on solid ice back by our hen house. I landed flat on the back of my head and sustained a mild concussion which had me rather sick for a couple of days and headachey for weeks. My work car had two breakdowns in less than a week and the list goes on. A couple of weeks ago Shannon said he wanted a do over on the past month or so. I told him there was no way I wanted to do all of that over again.

Last night I had a dream. It was very real. You know those dreams where you wake up and your heart is racing and you need to get up and walk around to be sure it wasn't real? Anyway, it was about a tornado. My aunt(Janelle) and I were taking refuge in a shower stall while the rest of our families were in a bedroom underneath a mattress. Janelle and I hadn't had time to join the rest of our loved ones as the tornado was so close. We were waiting for just a few seconds and could hear the wrath of nature bearing down on us. In those few seconds, we hugged each other and I began praying. I can still remember now what I was praying at the time, and then I woke up from the dream.

Wide awake, I got up and walked around and made a trip to the bathroom then laid back down in bed. As I lay there thinking about my dream I found it comforting that even in a dream, especially in a dream, I had had the sense to turn to my God when in a crisis. I had remained calm and at peace with the future knowing that He was in control of the outcome.

As we go through our current tornado of life I am reminded that I need to remain calm and in prayer, trusting my God for the outcome. Whether the hills and valleys be high and deep or low and shallow, prayer is the ultimate peace keeping and peace making tool.

If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I lie down in the grave, you are there. If I rise with the sun in the east and settle in the west beyond the sea, even there you would guide me. With your right hand you would hold me. Psalm 139:8-10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Christine - this is beautiful! Thank you so much for the reminder.

What I find so amazing is that even while you are going through those things there - God puts you on my heart, here in Canada, so I can lift you without even knowing of the tornados in your life...

Blessings from here, Laurel

Qtpies7 said...

That is great! I'm sorry about the tornado, but it is great that God would reveal that to you.

Send me your address and I'll get the Honey Kix set out to you, you are one of the winners!