Friday, June 08, 2007

How can I explain

I have wondered so many times, how I can explain to my readers, how my thought process has been changed by my visit to Tanzania and my love for the people of Africa. I have alluded here to how I feel we live in such a material world- a world where figurines on shelves, lots of books, expensive cars and fake fingernails are high on priority lists. So often I find myself stopping as I go to purchase something. I always ask now if it is something I need or want? Is it something I can take with me to Africa and would it be helpful there? These questions often make me put something back on the store shelf.

I recently stumbled on the blog of a former West African missionary. He lives in Canada now and as I read some of what he writes I find myself nodding and shouting inside, "Yes, yes, exactly. That's how I feel!" I will be linking to his blog over the next few posts as he has some great stories to share. I hope you enjoy them.

The first I want to share with you is the story of being haunted by an African banana.

1 comment:

Andy Rayner said...

Hi Christine
Nice to hear from you.
I linked your Blog OK?
Anyway thanks for reading and commenting. Nice to meet you.
In Early from Fishing today - It was such a nice day at sea today we made excellent time. Catches were not the bets today, but such is life.
Andy