Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Blog Birthday!

It was one year ago yesterday that I started the blog. When I think over the past year I am amazed. I remember when I began, I wanted to have a place where friends and family could come to read more and understand our hearts as we moved into this huge new stage of our lives. I knew it was something that many people would not understand. I also wanted it to be a place of communication for after we move-a place where readers can go to read how and what we are doing.

The blog has become so much more than that. In addition to my original goals it has been a place that readers who don't know us have come to. How they find us I do not always know but I have had visitors from all over the world over the past year. It has been a place where often I am collecting our thoughts and we go back and read them and reread them as we process things through for ourselves.

As I look over the past year and see what God has done in us I am amazed. Last June, Shannon and I were fairly certain that God was calling us to this work but still had so many doubts. We asked God constantly if he was sure He could use us. Or if He wanted to. Wasn't there someone better qualified, better educated, more spiritual, that could do this better for Him? Now we know, God doesn't need any qualifications to use people for His work other than a willingness to step out and do it.

One year ago we had many conditions about going. It had to be by a certain time and in a certain way. Now we know one thing and one thing only-that this will happen in God's time and in His way. We do not want it in ours anymore as we know that will not work.

The changes God has made in our hearts and our children's over the past year have been huge. We know too that preparations are being made in other's hearts during this time and that His plan is perfect. At this point, there are no doubts in our minds-we will be moving to Mwanza Tanzania. When we will do so is in His hands. Whether it be one year from now or 5 years from now, we will be ready.

3 comments:

yofed said...

Happy birthday! :)

If it interrest you to know where your readers found you, well, I discovered you through Qtpies7's blog.

You have helped me often over the last few months, especially with what you wrote on April 4th:"I recently read this: faith is choosing to trust that God has a plan even when we cannot see it until we can one day look at it in reverse. " This has helped me countless times lately when bad things happened in our lives, from health problems to the prospective of a long deployment. Thanks for that!

By the way, I read "Living More With Less" and I loved it. Now I keep my envelopes and re-use the inside! :) It really is a book to read with a highlighter to mark all the tips you might use eventually!

Good luck in Tanzania, whenever it happens!

Christine said...

Yofed,
Thanks for your kind comments. I am thrilled to be read. It is nice to know someone is out there.

That qoute is a good one, I read it on a whiteboard at quilt retreat last spring. I hold onto it to.

Blessings,
CHristine

Qtpies7 said...

Hi Christine! I'm glad Yofed found you. We've been communicating for many months.
My blogaversary is coming up in August, I'm thinking of doing a give-away or something.
Congrats on your blogaversary!