Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The same God now as then

Today in the weekly video that goes with my bible study, it was asked of us if we truly realize that our God is the same God as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Joseph? Do we believe it? Do we act like it? Pray like it? Live like it? If we have the same God then we can do the same things through Christ that those men did. Wow! This isn't necesarily new information but to be reminded of His power in all of our lives is so humbling to me.

I recently read something that I decided I wanted to add to the most recent post. That was the post where I talked about how Abraham and Moses and other biblical heroes were average people just like you and I. The following quote comes straight out of the updated version of My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. "The men and women our Lord sends out on His endeavors are ordinary human people, but people who are controlled by their devotion to Him, which has been brought about through the work of the Holy Spirit."

This means that it can be any one of us as long as we are completely devoted. One of His endeavors may take place right where we live or work right now, or it may be across the world in a land of a diferent language. Either way, God can use any of us ordinary people, like Moses, Abraham, you or me, in any of His plans, at any time. Remain willing to be used and completely devoted to His will.

No comments: