Tuesday, October 17, 2006

God's Continuous Provision

Whew! I'm sorry I haven't been here for a few days. The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity around here. I, Christine have been working a lot. I also joined a Beth Moore bible study. If you are familiar with her studies they are pretty intense with a lot of homework. Then last Thursday I finally did something I have wanted to do for more than 14 years. I joined the chuch choir. Last weekend we had a choir "retreat" on both Saturday and Sunday where the music for the annual church Christmas musical was introduced to the choir and I was away at that all day both days.

As I stated, I have wanted to join the church choir for years. First, when we attended the small Baptist church where we got saved, then later at our current church. As a mom I find it hard to take time for myself and when my children were younger it was even more dificult. I always told myself that when my children got older I would join. Then we started having younger foster children and the time just never seemed right. I am pretty excited to be able to participate in the over 70 member choir and have had fun so far. I'm also looking forward to the musical. We will be putting on the play, "The Christmas Shoes." It is sure to be a tear jerker and will keep me very busy during the month of December when we will participate in 7 performances.

The title of my post is what I wish to write about now. While Shannon was away in Tanzania he took three weeks off from work. Unfortunately, he only receives one week of vacation per year. That meant his last paycheck pretty much didn't exist. The first paycheck of the month is what usually pays our mortgage. Long story short, we are in a financial bind. We have several items we are trying to turn into cash but the buyers just haven't come forward yet. About two weeeks ago I started praying for God to provide as He always does. Two days after I started praying I received a phone call from the mail carrier I substitute drive for. It was harvest time and he wanted me to work a Saturday through Saturday. Then just this weekend he extended it by two more days. As crazy as it makes my life with homeschooling and all of the other things going on, I could easily see the answer to prayer in the equation. As Shannon an I were talking the other night, it seems that everytime we get truly desperate financially, the mail route is often where God brings that money in. When Shannon had his back surgery and was unable to work for several months, the regular carrier had a serious car accident, providing me with a full-time job for a couple of months until he could return to work. Anyway, all this to say, that although the mortgage payment is late this month and we have had to use spare change to buy gas and millk, God is always faithful. We are eating out of our well stocked pantry and praising Him for always answering our prayers.

No comments: