Friday, September 22, 2006

Truth, the whole truth and nothing but...

It is not often that when I put my foot in my mouth I am able to pull it out gracefully but this will be my attempt to do so. Please stick with me.

On Friday morning I received an email newsletter from a ministry and I was immediately struck by what it was telling me. The general topic of the email was that we must be aware of ministers or those claming to be that are not speaking the truth. We must be wary of those religious leaders that are mixing the truth with deception. Once they start doing that it becomes hard to discern the diference between the two and we can easily be misled.

I reposted this in its entirity without researching it further...without discovering the truth for myself...by doing exactly what the newsletter had just warned me about-taking a religious leaders words as truth without comparing it to God's word and researching it myself.

I have a dear friend that is a wonderful Christian that called me on this Saturday evening. They say iron sharpens iron and she did so. She actually took the time to research the comments in the newslettter and discovered that there was some...uh, altering of words, stretching the truth, and false accusations made in the newsleter about a prominent Christian leader. She then commented about it through my blog. As soon as I received the comment I began researching it myself and immediately pulled the post off the blog. I am so glad I was able to do this. I spent several hours in research as well as time in prayer. I also spoke by phone with this friend to further clarify my thoughts. I am planning to email this ministry to tell them of my concerns that they are doing exactly what they are trying to warn about.

So...ultimately, I wish to apologize to anyone that read that post before it was removed. I also want to do exactly what I was trying to do through the original post and that is to warn you of false teachers. To remind you to have an ongoing relationship with Jesus and read your bible and be familiar with it so that you can recognize false teachings. My wish is to never hurt anyone or mislead them through this blog or anything else I may write or say and I certainly do not wish to be a part of spreading any falsehoods. Again, I apologize.

Rewritten and reposted on Sunday 9/24 10:23PM

No comments: