Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Relevant sermons

It seems that for several months now, nearly every sermon at church, has felt like it was written specifically for us. Obviously, Pastor Keith hopes to have something in every sermon that everyone in the service can relate to, but honestly, there are times where it just doesn't seem like I can connect, but not lately. It's becoming funny to us that every week we end up elbowing each other about something that is said from the pulpit.

This past Sunday the sermon was titled, "Split-Second Eternity." The main idea was this-do I take the risk to do something new and possibly change the outcome and eternity or do I hold back and miss the opportunity? Sadly, I have to say that most of the time, no, I don't take the risk. For example, am I afraid to bring up salvation and Jesus to someone I don't know is already a Christian? Am I looking for those opportunities to share Christ with the lost in my everyday world? On the streets of town, in the grocery store? Now, Pastor Keith is not referring to standing on a street corner preaching Jesus but rather taking the chance when someone I know gives me an opening. You know, that split second where you know you could easily fit Christ into the conversation...but don't?

Join me in trying to find new ways to take the risk and share Jesus with someone who needs Him but doesn't yet know Him, and possibly change eternity.

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

No comments: