Thursday, September 21, 2006

"Only 5 more days"

I think it would be fair to say that the children and I here at home are ready for Shannon and Collin to be home. As each day passes we have two calenders that we cross the day off on and count the days that are left. And during each day as we talk about missing them we continue to remind each other of how many days are left. Even after this long alone in our bed, I still don't sleep well at night. I figured by this time exhaustion would set in from all of the lost sleep and I'd be able to crash through a whole night but I'm not. Each time I wake up, several times per night, I find myself adding 8 hours to my time and praying for the team based upon what I figure they are doing. While in Mwanza, pastoral teachings are in the mornings and the crusades are in the late afternoon and into the evening.

Often I hear of middle aged couples who end up divorced once thier nest is empty. They realize that they have lost touch with each other in the child raising years. I remember when I travelled to Tanzania two years ago. Before I left I thought that I would miss the children most of all. As a homeschooling mom, my days are totally wrapped up in the children. I take care of the schooling, the doctors appointments, the music lessons and activities. I was pleasantly surprised to discover how quickly and how much I missed Shannon. Sure, I missed the kids but my thoughts were mainly on him. I felt very reassured, that although we've come through many tough years in our marriage, our marriage is very strong. In fact, our marriage is strong not despite our troubled years, but because of them.

Although I miss the guys terribly, I am very excited to hear of the reports they will have, when they return, of salvations and healings in Mwanza. Please pray that the harvest of souls in Mwanza will be great.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I can't wait to hear their reports too! I know you miss your beloved terribly. What a gift it is to be married to your love and your friend.

I am so excited for you and how God is using you. You inspire me!~

Love,
Renee