Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Wheelbarrow of Trust

Tonight as Shannon and I had our devotional time together, I realized that I wanted to share with you a portion of our reading. This comes from the book Night Light by James & Shirley Dobson. Although I've heard the story before, it is a good one.

"Let's imagine you're near the beautiful but dangerous Niagra Falls. A circus performer has strung a rope across the falls with the intention of pushing a wheelbarrow from one side to the other. Just before stepping on the rope, he asks you, "Do you think I can accomplish this feat?" His reputation has preceded him, so you reply that you believe he can walk the tightrope. In other words, you have faith that he will succeed. Then he says, "If you really believe I can do it, how about getting in the wheelbarrow and crossing with me?" Accepting his invitation would be an example of remarkable trust."

Are you willing to get in God's wheelbarrow, no matter where it takes you? It likely will not take you to Africa, but even if it does, jump in anyway!

No comments: